Daniel Reinaldo Bernstein, L. Ac. CH, NCCAOM NYS Licensed Acupuncturist
People often ask me if Chinese medicine was my first career. In fact, before being an acupuncturist I was a musician. I feel that the sensitivity necessary to ‘play well with others’ enhanced my healing abilities later. After completing a rigorous four year graduate program, I began practicing Chinese medicine in 1995. My first years I spent in the trenches at a pain management clinic, seeing up to 120 patients a week. It soon became obvious that pain has a strong emotional component. Due to my own insomnia, which acupuncture cured, I focused on sleep disorders. Over time I expanded my studies to include Indian breath work and Egyptian trance work.
In 2005, in an effort to reach more people, I began studying medical hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). From there I studied Functional Medicine in order to address the impact of environmental toxicity and thus repair the nervous system.
Since 2003 I have been in private practice. I have taught at university, and still lecture on sleep disorders and on the diverse ways people heal. My emphasis is on treating the person, not the disease. Since we are all unique, it makes sense that each person would get a unique treatment strategy. I take that as my True North, and my mission: to treat each person according to their needs.
Licenses and Certifications:
• BS from University of Wisconsin
• 1995 Graduated College Traditional Chinese Health-Care as Acupuncture Physician
• Nationally Board Licensed (NCCAOM) in Acupuncture, New York State
• Graduate (New York NLP Center) in Level I & II Ericksonian Hypnosis.
• Member of National Guild Of Hypnotists (CH)
• Director of Blue Phoenix Wellness since 2000.
• Fluent In: Spanish, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Nutrition Testing and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)